Thursday, November 8, 2018

DAY 1: Life Style Change

Life style changing is never an easy task. I honestly believe, that it is a life long process. Over the next thirty days, I will be getting a start on a life style change. Just in case you have not been following along with my blog, I will give you a quick recap. I found out a few years ago that I have PCOS (POLY CYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME). With this comes many issues for me. I deal with anxiety stress on a daily basis. I also struggle with depression some. Having PCOS, means I deal with fertility issues as well. I was able to lose some weight last year and get some help in getting pregnant. I had my baby 3.5 months ago. I have recently been having flair ups with my PCOS. I don't want PCOS to rule my life. This is the reason for the life style change.

My body needs time to heal from the effects of eating certain foods that make PCOS Flair out. Today I started out with a Parfait for breakfast. The food was delicious and I was full. I found that I was hungry again with an a hour or so. I always forget that, eating healthier food and smaller portions, leaves me hungry for a few days or so.  This means I need to be patient with myself, not only for the first few weeks, but as I have said before. This will be a life time process.So I will need to be patient and loving towards my self, always. 

It was such a beautiful November day, that I just could not stay inside all day. My sister, child and I went out for a walk. We fit in a three mile walk. It was a perfect break in the day.I believe that exercise not only helps you have physical awareness, but also mental health awareness as well. I want to include this into my life style, as I know that it will help me become stronger,  and healthier physically and mentally. 

For lunch I made a Garden salad with cilantro lime dressing. It was so fresh and better than I had thought it would be. It gave me the boost I needed for the afternoon. My husband and sister, are being pulled into this life style change. I know it is hard, but I know that this will be good for all of us. A salad is always a good way to go for a meal. It is fresh, healthy and full of good things and usually delicious.

Dinner tonight was one of my favorite meals. made healthy. I love spaghetti, but I always eat too much and I always feel heavy after having pasta and bread. Tonight I made zucchini noodles, I topped it off with spaghetti sauce, kielbasa sausage and a little Parmesan. On the side we had cauliflower bread sticks. It was delicious, it was filling. I actually don't have a noodle maker, so I just cut my veggies thin and bake them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, to help them not be so watery. Again this didn't keep me full for forever, but I felt like my body did so much better with this meal, than if I had stuffed it full of processed carbs.

I finished off the day have some Dill flavored sunflower seeds and 2 cookies. I know sugar wasn't the best decision I could have made but I did it, and that is just that. I am not sure I will be able to give up sugar all together, but I know that I can eat way less than I have been having. I believe in agency. and with that comes consequences for the choices you make. It is not always a bad consequence. With that being said, I love life, I love food. I don't want to limit myself on having a treat here and there. I don't want to make life stressful, if I go out to eat occasionally. I want to enjoy life. So if doing this once in a while makes life more happy and stress free, and my consequence is that i dont feel the best for a few hours. I think I will indulge a little. This is the beginning of my journey and I may change my views on this, but for now, That's Just Me:)

If you are up for a change, try these recipes. They are delicious
https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/cheesy-cauliflower-breadsticks/

Last recipe is for the zucchini pasta. I get one zucchini small-medium size per person. I cut it in to thin strips. 
place on baking sheet with a tbsp of olive oil. You can spice it up with whatever you want. I just sprinkle some salt and garlic on mine. Put tray into the oven at 400 degrees and back for 20 minutes
while the zucchini cooks, I just put 1 can of four cheese HUNTS spaghetti sauce in a pot and warm it on the stove. I also cut up Kielbasa into some circles, and then put them in a pot with a tiny bit of olive oil. Once the zucchini is done, I dish that up on a plate.I then add kielbasa and sauce on top of the zucchini. I finish off the plate, with a little Parmesan. Once you have had this meal, I hope it won't be your last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment