Thursday, November 8, 2018

Good things come to those who are patient

Good things come to those who are patient, is never something I wanted to be told. "Ya Ya" is what I thought, as people continued to tell me this phrase. In my last post, I talked about the process that my husband and I were going through, to get pregnant. I really had gotten to the point, that I didn't want to try anymore. I was so sick of getting my hopes up and having my hopes smashed each month. Last year around this time, I found out that we were expecting our first child. There were so many times i took the pregnancy test to look down and see a BIG FAT NO. I was so surprised when the pregnancy test read PREGNANT. I had to look at it several times, before I actually believed it. I remember calling my husband and telling him right then and there. I just could not wait to share the happy news with him. At that moment all those time of seeing no second line or the words reading NOT PREGNANT, did not matter anymore. I was finally Pregnant.

I am happy to say that my pregnancy really was not too horrible. I was sick until 22 weeks, but really the rest of the pregnancy was not bad. towards the end, we were just ready to meet our little girl. As the weeks grew closer and my tummy grew rounder, our Dr told us that I was dilated to a 2cm and 70% effaced. This was great news, or so I thought. I progressed some over the next week, but than sat at 3cm and 70% effaced for almost three weeks. When finally I started getting contractions, and they were not going away after the thirty minutes, as they had been doing for the last few weeks. It was go time. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, on July 26th 2018 at 2:19a.m. She is the best thing that has happened to my husband and I. I am so glad that I didn't give up on trying to get pregnant.

The biggest struggle in getting pregnant, is that I have PCOS, POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROM. I was able to get pregnant, though I suffer from this condition. I have not figured out how to deal with very well. This is something I have to remind my self to be patient with and with my self. Recently I have decided that I do not want PCOS to rule my life. Stress is a cause of PCOS, but PCOS in turn causes stress. A vicious cycle. I deal with anxiety as well. Which is not a fun thing to deal with. I know eating and exercise really do help with not only fertility issues, but it helps your body and mind. I tried this before, but failed miserably. So I am hoping that, with this new dedication, that I will be able to follow my challenge. The paleo diet and low carb diet is really good for someone who suffers with PCOS. I want to blog about the foods I have each day, and how they help me with my PCOS.

I know some days, my post may not be as exciting, but I hope you will bare with me, as I continue to find myself through dealing with PCOS but even more learning to actively make the changes I need daily to not let PCOS rule my life.

Thanks for reading, and loving me, because That's Just Me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment