Saturday, November 10, 2018

DAY 2: Life style change

Today is really day three of my thirty day challenge to figuring out my PCOS and not letting PCOS rule my life. So I am sorry, but you will most likely get two blog post today.

Yesterday was a good day. I stayed busy most of the day. Part of the reason I was so busy, was because a friend of ours drove out from Eugene OR to visit. I was cleaning the house and getting his room ready for him. I manage to get out and take a four mile walk, with my baby Edith. It was super cold and I wasn't sure I would even get in a mile. I pushed forward though and made it the four miles. it felt good to push myself a little harder. It was a sweet victory when I made it back to the car.

For breakfast I had forgotten to make enough parfaits. Instead I made myself some shredded wheat over whole milk and then added fresh cut up strawberries. It was filling, tasty, and kept me full for a few hours.

I had a late lunch, we had the Garden Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing. I just love having a fresh food to eat. My husband served a mission for the Church we attend. Which is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His mission was to serve the people of Ecuador. I have never been to Ecuador, but I have had Ecuadorian food. If you haven't tried it, you are missing out. Anyway, this garden salad is very much like one of the salad's they have in Ecuador. It is very simple. but chocked full of flavor and is very healthy.

Our friend made it, just in time for dinner. We ended up going out to eat. I ordered fish and chips. Not the worse meal I could of eaten, but probably not the best option either. Fried foods really don't work that well with people who have PCOS. I feel as I am getting older that, these fried foods, just don't work well in your body anyway. I was surprised that my tummy didn't hurt after eating this. Normally I would want to come home and veg on the couch or go to bed, because I don't feel well. Instead I came home and played a 3.5 hour game. I felt very good and accomplished in this.

This journey so far has been interesting. I look forward to healing my body and learning more about my body. I want to be able to live a good life, without always having to let PCOS rule it. I am very determined and That's Just Me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment